Build great things that help people. Understand the world through data.
IT Specialist, DevOps Engineer
Data Paradigm, Inc.
May 2020 – Present Arlington, Texas, United States
- Lead systems analysis and integration specialist for a partnership with Amazon in order to integrate DPI's sales and procurement system for one of DPI's clients.
- Created a series of inventory management spreadsheets to help DPI manage its four warehouse locations.
- Developed a standalone application with Python to process prepopulated SQL tables with binary dataand distribute information from user uploaded flatfiles (CSV) to their corresponding tables and fields. Applied multiple layers of logic to scrub the data prior to processing.
- Developed an offline queueing application with Python to allow users to specify the required parameters of various API calls, process those calls, and return the results. Managed and handled various HTTP traffic conditions and utilized a third-party email service (SendGrid) to alert personnel of errors.
The University of Texas at Dallas
Aug 2017 – May 2021
Bachelor of Science, Software Engineering
Minor: Cognitive Science
Emphasis: Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Modeling
Licenses & Certifications
SQL Essential Training
Issued Nov 2020 • No Expiration Date
Statistics Foundations: 1
Issued Aug 2020 • No Expiration Date
Statistics Foundations: 2
Issued Aug 2020 • No Expiration Date
Data Science Math Skills
Issued July 2020 • No Expiration Date
American Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate (Additional Specialties)
American Red Cross
Issued Jun 2019 • Expires Jun 2021
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning
- Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing
- Data Science, Statistics
- Music, Education
Languages and APIs:
- Markdown, LaTeX, HTML5, CSS, TypeScript, Node.js, React, React Native
- SQL, SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Neo4j, DGraph
- Amazon Web Services, Google App Engine, Microsoft Azure
Applications Frameworks and Software
- Gatsby, Next.js, Expo, Electron, Redux
- TensorFlow, Keras, PIL, NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn
- BeautifulSoup4, NLTK, SpaCy
- PyQT5, PyGame, Arcade, PySimpleGUI, PIL, PyInstaller
- Git, GitHub CI/CD, npm, Yarn, PyPI, Anaconda, Poetry
Development Environments and Platforms
- Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, GNU C/C++, Eclipse IDE
- iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, Linux
Organizations & Community Involvement
Tau Beta Pi
Feb 2020 – Present • Member
Tau Beta Pi is universally recognized as the preeminent engineering honor society that students of all engineering disciplines strive to join.
The Tau Beta Pi Association is the oldest engineering honor society and the second oldest collegiate honor society in the United States. It honors engineering students in American universities who have shown a history of academic achievement as well as a commitment to personal and professional integrity.
Golden Key International Honour Society
Aug 2019 – Present • Member
Golden Key International Honour Society is the world's largest collegiate honor society for graduate and undergraduate students, and has strong relationships with over 400 universities around the world. Golden Key is built on the pillars of academics, leadership, and service, and our chapters are committed to implementing service projects and leadership development for all students on their campus.
National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS)
Jan 2019 – Present • Member
The National Society of Leadership & Success (NSLS) is the nation's largest leadership honor society where top students come together to achieve their goals. Students are selected by their college for membership based on either academic standing or leadership potential. Candidacy is a nationally recognized achievement of honorable distinction.
The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS)
Aug 2018 – Present • Member
The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS) honors high-achieving students and inspires them to live and lead with integrity.
The National Society of Collegiate Scholars is a national non-profit academic honor society for college students in the United States. NSCS has active chapters at over 300 colleges and universities in the United States, including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Oct 2017 – Present • Member
IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through its more than 419,000 members in over 160 countries, and its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe.
UT Dallas Cultural Scholars
Jun 2017 – Present • Member
The Cultural Scholars Program provides specialized programming for underrepresented minority students who receive an Academic Excellence Scholarship. The Cultural Scholars Program was created in an effort to foster academic achievement, social belonging, encourage engagement on campus, and help plan for future graduate school or career goals.
Texas Divisional Band
Sep 2020 – Present • Member, Solo Cornet
The Texas Divisional Band (TDB) is a premiere 35-piece brass band made up of quality adult musicians involved with Salvation Army churches across Texas. This group rehearses monthly, participates in Salvation Army events, and goes on tour each year. Some past tours include Mexico, Cuba, Kuwait, and Dubai, where TDB has been privileged to minister through concerts, worship, open-airs, and music instruction.
TDB's music is mostly based on hymns and Christian songs, arranged into various styles such as festival works, marches, rock, Latin, and jazz. In 2016, TDB toured the Gulf Coast to partner with The Salvation Army there, and most recently it undertook a ministry trip to South Africa, where it helped to run a music camp and assisted with various projects.
Dallas Brass Band
Jan 2017 – Present • Founding Member, Solo Cornet
Dallas Brass Band was founded in January 2017 and is a community band based on the British brass band tradition. The band, which consists of around 30 members, meets twice a month for rehearsals in Irving, Texas, and performs several concerts a year.
Sep 2012 – Sep 2020 • Member, Solo Cornet, Principal Cornet
Texas Brass is the premier youth brass ensemble of the Texas Division. The band is made up of around 40 members, ages 14-30. All are committed members of their local Salvation Army Church. Each member also sings in the Divisional Youth Chorus.
Texas Brass has been privileged to have the opportunity to minister in many places, sharing the gospel message through concerts, parades, and music camps both in the USA and abroad. Previous international trips include Trinidad, Chile, Canada, Brazil, England, Norway, Russia, Fiji, and most recently Paris, France, although most recently it supported The Salvation Army in Mexico in its 80th Anniversary celebrations.
The Salvation Army
1999 – Present • Volunteer, Music Leader
Volunteer throughout the year for various community service programs that The Salvation Army provides. My experience includes playing my trumpet with other musicians at The Salvation Army’s severalRed Kettle locations, participating in the distribution of Christmas gifts and seasonal supplies given to the needy, taking part in multiple overseas mission trips, and serving as a summer camp counselor for underprivileged and inner-city kids.
Honors & Awards
Jul 2018 • The University of Texas at Dallas
The dean’s list is published by the University’s Office of Undergraduate Education at the conclusion of each fall and spring semester. It contains the names of students who completed at least 12 credit hours during the semester with a grade-point average among the top 10 percent of all students within their respective schools. The students are listed below in accordance with student requests under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
Texas Division Musician of the Year
Apr 2018 • The Salvation Army Texas Divisional Music and Creative Arts
Academic Excellence Award (AES) at the Distinction Level
Mar 2017 • The University of Texas at Dallas
This elite scholarship — one of the most distinguished that the University has to offer — not only rewards the students for their dedication to academic success, but also represents the University's pledge to support them in exploring numerous academic and research opportunities and achieving the Students' highest goals.
National Hispanic Scholar
Sep 2016 • National Hispanic Recognition Program, College Board
The College Board's National Hispanic Recognition Program (NHRP) identifies academically outstanding Latino high school students. Each year, the NHRP honors about 5,000 (2%) of the highest-scoring students from over 250,000 Latino juniors who take the PSAT/NMSQT
- Personal website and portfolio
- Statically generated with priority of speedy navigation
- UX created with Rebass and Theme UI
- A Sudoku application for iOS and Android
- Built as a holiday present for my sister
- A clone of the classic Windows XP game, Minesweeper
- Python, PyQT5
- An npm package for responsively accessing the screen dimensions of a React Native application with React hooks
- Currently receives over 70 downloads/week and has had over 3,600 downloads in total as of February 2021
- An npm package for a React component that displays information for a GitHub repository
- Currently receives over 70 downloads/week and has had over 200 downloads in total as of February 2021
- A CLI application for predicting the following word given a corpus and some text
- Includes a number of algorithms to choose from and parameters to tune
- Python, NLTK, TensorFlow, Keras
- A Pong clone with artificially intelligent opponents
- The opponent algorithms currently consist of rule-based and Q-learning agents
- Python, TensorFlow, Keras, PyGame, Arcade
- A python package for web scraping emoji information from https://emojipedia.org/
- Currently receives over 200 downloads/week and has had over 7,000 downloads in total as of February 2021
- Python, HTML5, CSS, BeautifulSoup4, PyPI
- A python package for web scraping tournament set and video information from https://vods.co/
- Currently receives over 200 downloads/week and has had over 24,000 downloads in total as of February 2021
- Python, HTML5, CSS, BeautifulSoup4, PyPI
- An npm package for filtering multiple Project Slippi game files by custom criteria
- Currently receives over 1,000 downloads/week and has had over 24,000 downloads in total as of February 2021
- A python package for organizing Project Slippi game files according to their attributes
- Currently receives over 200 downloads/week and has had over 2,000 downloads in total as of February 2021
- Python, PyPI
- An application for search, filtering, and organizing all matching files
- Python, PySimpleGUI
- A python package for generating "ASCII art" with a supplied image and parameters
- Currently receives over 600 downloads/week and has had over 22,000 downloads in total as of February 2021
- Python, PIL, PyPI
- A python package for generating, grading, solving, and transforming sudoku puzzles
- Currently receives over 70 downloads/week and has had over 2,000 downloads in total as of February 2021
- Python, NumPy, PyPI